twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

I want to go on birth control pills...?

...just to make my periods more regular. I am 15. Except I really really really don't want to go to the gynoclogist (spelling?). What is there to do?
Answer:
I am 15 as well and in the exact same position as you are. I get horrible cramps among other symptoms and I'm really irregular. I've only been having my period for about six months now. I saw my pediatrician about a month ago and she was very understanding and said she would have no problem with prescribing a low dose birth control pill, but that I should wait until August since I haven't been cycling for too long yet. I suggest seeing your family doctor and explaining your reasons for wanting the pill and how much your irregular periods bother you. Good luck!
If there is a clinic in your area, that's a good place to go to. Most of the time, you won't even have to have an examination, and you can go back and get more whenever. Also, if you feel comfortable just going to your regular doctor, they might have confidential services for those sorts of things. Mine does at least. Look up a clinic online in your area. Best of luck!
you do not have to go to a gyno. If you go with one of your parents to a regular doctor they normally will give it to you.
In order to get on birth control you should get a pelvic exam.

Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net